Thursday, December 1, 2016

Meditative drawings at Kuopio, Finland

In last September I had an exhibition at Kuopio, east part of Finland, at Gallery G12. Just a small exhibition, but very nice gallery space in the center of this small country town. I have to say that these simplified drawings fit very well in white exhibition spaces like this.

During last decade or even more I have been very lazy to do solo exhibitions and it was nice have one for a long time, even Kuopio is quite far away from Helsinki. To have exhibitions very often is not actually my kind of practice. I rather do artworks on commission basis than to do pile of works for some exhibition hoping someone to buy something. Luckily someone did at Kuopio. The big ink drawing beside of me is now hanging on the wall of a private home at Kuopio.  

No comments:

Post a Comment